Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Life in a Screensaver

Most of the leaves are gone now, and we expect snow to cover everything soon. In light of this reality, this post will focus on the beautiful scenes I've been able to capture in my experiences so far. Most are my images; some are from other teachers.  Enjoy!


Sunset on the beach at Mountain Village. This picture doesn't even really do it justice. 

Same sunset as above, just a few minutes earlier. 



Beach at Mountain Village.




Winding slough on the way to the airport. 




Canoe trip from a few weeks ago. I am the second one from the left. Accompanying me L-R are Special Ed Teacher, the visiting public health nurse from Bethel, and 4th-5th Teacher. 

The water was spectacular. I wanted to ski, but the water temperature probably would have made me cry.


Canoe trip from two weeks ago. No, I'm not winking, that's just my lazy eye. 

Nearing the end of this branch...isn't that a crazy reflection?
We beached the canoe and braved the mucky banks to explore the tundra a bit - 4th-5th Teacher nearly sank and lost her boots as we got out, but we survived. Shortly after this picture was taken, I slipped as well but did a quick 180-degree turn and caught myself on a tree branch. 4th-5th Teacher said, "You're pretty scrappy like a cat so I don't really worry about you, but I sorta feel like I should have my hand on your collar, just in case!" Sounds about right.
Just too cool not to include. 

Sunset view from near my front door.  Definitely a pleasant goodbye to any day. 


And now two pictures from the week in Anchorage in August - more to come in the future!


The Chugach Mountains - we took a day trip to view the Portage Glacier.

Double rainbow - first I'd ever seen. 

1 comment: